Events for this year
June 15th to 17th - Helicopter Fun Fly (Chollas Choppers)
Online registration: https://www.rcflightdeck.com/event.cfm?id=8023
Helifreak discussion: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=797972
November 17th - Turkey Fry & Fly (General Funfly)
More information will be posted when the event is closer to happening.
| || Club Meeting Notes for December 16, 2017 |
Not enough members present to create a quorum.
Hello current and former members.
A new board has been elected at Chollas Park RC Flyers. I would like to introduce myself as your new club president, my name is Austin Heilman and our new vice president is Dylan Newby.
Earlier this year, Harley Davis, our former president decided that 2017 would be his final year leading the club. For ten years, Harley put a tremendous amount of his own time and money into sustaining the club’s operations.
I also would like to thank Harley and Gene Tassin for making it possible for our club to have its first ever helicopter fun fly in July. The new board plans to keep this event going annually as well as establishing an annual airplane fun fly!
Dylan and I promise to work very hard to try to retain club members, gain new club members and promote a very fun atmosphere at the club. We hope to maintain a good relationship with other clubs in San Diego and our local hobby stores. We want to promote all forms of model aviation at our club.
Some of our 2018 goals are
- Recurring revenue from events to help keep the club open.
- Incorporate the club with a 501(c)(7) non-profit license.
- Remove old furniture and chairs accumulating around the club.
- New benches (huge thanks to Craig Woodward for taking on this task)
- Build a new shade covering closer to where vehicles park to increase safe distance from the Runway.
- Improve the club website
We really need your support. If you have not yet renewed for 2018, please fill out the membership form included with this envelope.
Austin Heilman - President
Dylan Newby - Vice President
| || Club Meeting Notes for February 17, 2018 |
10:15 meeting begins
2018 June Helicopter Fun Fly.
Pilot price set at $20.00.
Food plans discussed.
- Friday afternoon bbq burgers & hotdogs. Austin to bring electrical deep fryer for tater tots or fries.
- Friday night spaghetti, salad and garlic bread dinner
- Saturday morning breakfast burritos
- Saturday afternoon bbq burgers & hotdogs, deep fryer in use again.
- Saturday evening Dylan Newby and family have offered to make tacos.
Meal prices agreed to by the club are $5.00 for breakfast, lunch and $10.00 for the dinners.
Call for volunteers. Club members present request Austin create a web application with volunteers to sign up on.
Club has agreed to fund the helicopter fun fly with a maximum of $500 with the expectation of at least making it back.
10:45am club meeting ended. No issues were brought up when opened to the membership.